Sunday, April 17, 2011

Cyclical Concerns & Condemning Classwork

I am in an alliterative mood, which means that I am most likely sleep deprived.

My final assignment for my Masters degree is to fill in a chart of grades I received this semester, when I posted to the message board, and names of people who I 'collaborated' with (aka, commented vaguely on their postings).

Boo Hoo, my class is too easy. Perhaps I should not tempt fate with my bemoaning of mundane problems.

My main fear is that I am not prepared to go on to my doctorate. If the work I am doing is reminiscent of a middle school class...will sink when I go further in my education? Armed with a high GPA, did I really earn the title of MEd?

Upon further investigation into the scary depths of my memory, I realized that I had thought this before. Digging up the dreaded old OpenDiary, I found an entry from 4/24/2001. A week shy of a decade ago I penned:

is it better to fail a really hard test or pass an increadibly easy one? in history after all of the realy hard test, she gave us a super easy test that a 4th grader could pass. which is better, failing and getting a low grade on you transcript, or passing and not being challenaged or prepared for next year? just wondering.

My sense of spelling and grammar was atrocious; I guess I should be less judgmental of the middle school students I encounter on a near daily basis. Was spell check available back then? I was only allowed five minutes of internet time back in the day... maybe I sacrificed mechanics in favor of philosophy.  Errors aside, my thirteen year old angst ridden self had a point...I would have never guessed that I would have the same doubts and concerns upon contemplating a doctorate.

I graduate in 20 days.



No comments:

Post a Comment